Icon Computers Total VoIP for business bundles your phone, data, and video into one professional service package so you can do more with less.
Our solution includes everything from your call analysis to the installation, training and support of your Icon "Total Voip" solution.
What is Voice over IP?
- Voice over IP is the same as Voice over Internet Protocol, and is better known as VoIP.
- Voice over IP refers to the diffusion of voice traffic over internet-based networks. Internet Protocol (IP) was originally designed for data networking and following its success, the protocol has been adapted to voice networking.
- Voice over IP (VoIP) can facilitate tasks and deliver services that might be cumbersome or costly to implement when using traditional PSTN - Public Switched Telephone Network.
- More than one phone call can be transmitted on the same broadband phone line. This way, voice over IP can facilitate the addition of telephone lines to businesses.
- Features that are usually charged extra by telecommunication companies, such as call forwarding, caller ID or automatic redialing, are simple with voice over IP technology.
- Icon Total VoIP Solutions are secured voice over IP technology, and it allows integration with other services available on the internet such as video conversation, messaging, and many others.
- These, and many other advantages of voice over IP, are making businesses adopt VoIP Phone Systems at a staggering pace.
- Simply put...
- SIP is a signaling communications protocol.
- SIP is a standard protocol for initiating an interactive user session that involves multimedia elements such as video, voice, chat, gaming, and virtual reality.